Saturday 3 April 2010

I think I've discovered where milk comes from

Sitting on the toilet at work the other day (where I freely admit to pondering many of life's imponderables) I looked down at my new shoes. Noticing the canvas/suede combination, I thought about other suede shoes I've owned and that I always had to spray them to make them waterproof. Then thought, why? I've seen cows standing in fields in the rain many times but doubt any of them ever think, "Bloody hell, Daisy. It's pissing down. Better get some shelter, lass." I'm not aware of farmers having to wring the water out of their cattle after a downpour. This means suede must be waterproof after all. Unless the rain does pass through them and collects in their udders, and, get this... is squeezed out as MILK.  I can think of no other reason. After all, in drought ravaged lands cows produce no milk at all!!! I thank you.

No comments: