Saturday 9 April 2011

Aye, aye, Skipper!

It's Grand National day! My selection as depicted on the left is Skippers Brig. Might I just point that I picked the winner last year. Today's Sun lists 10 of the greatest races including Aldaniti in 1981. Jockey Bob Champion was diagnosed with testicular cancer but showed real balls to overcome this life threatening condition. The horse himself had to overcome a career ending injury when he broke down. In layman's terms I think this means they had to replace a few parts and stick a new set of Duracel batteries up his arse. The only National to match this level of emotion was last year. (when I picked the winner might I remind you!!) Jockey Tony McCoy suffered a nasty paper cut the night before the race and his mount, Don't Push It was accidentally driven to a glue factory on the morning of the race!! Tension indeed.

No comments: