Sunday 11 September 2011

Me and 3D : part one

Several months ago armed with a copy of Blender, a piece of 3D software, and way too much time on my hands, I worked on a few animated cartoon ideas. But along with having more interest in my drawn cartoons and the thought of posting them on YouTube only for eight people to even bother looking at weeks of effort, I decided to shelve the ideas. One cartoonwould have been about the character below leaving a fancy dress party and walking home.
As he walks along a row of shops he notices one of those newspaper headline boards with a headline that isn't something he'd want to read in his situation.


Maybe in the new year I'll get round to finishing it along with a couple of other cartoons which I'll post some quick renders of soon. Oh, and that's not an oven chip in the bottom two renders. It was a shape used for human scale!!

2 comments:

Kerina said...

These are great! Very impressive -how long did they take?

Des Campbell said...

It's scary how long these took. I suppose that because I had as much time to work on them as I wanted I could spend hours on all the small details... and the character as facial features set up so his eyes and mouth can be animated along with the body. It was a 2 minute animation which IF i can find a good tiger texture might even get finished! Thanks for commenting.