Saturday 6 April 2013

Grand National Winning Colours?

It's my favourite sporting event of the year (just ahead of European custard filled underpants championships) and I have a selection to pass on. I've put a lot of thought into this and as statistically the race is usually won by a horse of some description I have chosen... a horse. Previous winners have usually had four legs and a tail so that has also been taken into consideration. Add to that the fact that the Irish have a great record in the race I've gone for Colbert Station. Irish trainer, Irish owner, Irish jockey (probably a leprechaun !!) heck, even the horse has a strong Irish accent and lives on guinness. Round about this time of year the old "ban the race" brigade come out the woodwork. They bang on about the cruelty of the race and the deaths of the horses. Come on, if the race was banned what the hell would Findus put in their lasagne???????

No comments: