Thursday 27 January 2011

Turn a new Page

While we're still in January I'll wish a belated happy birthday to this man. Although not strictly speaking a religious person I do believe there is a God... and he's name is JIMMY PAGE. This man is responsible for the vast majority of my air guitar histrionics over the years and is rightly regarded as one of the best guitarists ever. Not long ago my daughter was here at my place and I was playing a CD of Stairway to Heaven : live, and she was singing along to the opening verse. When she declared during Page's guitar solo that, "wow! He's really good", I could feel myself welling up - my job as a parent was complete... my daughter was ready to venture out into the world. Job done! Altogether now - da, dar, da, dar, da, da-da-da, da-da-da...

No comments: