Monday 24 October 2011

Sketchbook of depression

A wizened old lady walked down a dark street,
With a tatty old jumper and no shoes on her feet.
From round a dark corner a sound did she hear,
So horrid and frightful it filled her with fear.
And out stepped a man with a face that was foul.
"I know you." she said, "You're that Simon Cowell!"
"I'm looking for talent for a new TV show.
You choose red or black, that's how it will go."
"But haven't you done that already, my dear?
You're repeating yourself and that much is clear." 
"But this one is different for it'll cost you your life.
Just one wrong answer and I'll make you my wife.
A bride of the undead is what you'll become,
You... and a dancer, my Aunt and a nun!"
"If a vampire you are, with my mirror I'll check...
Ooops! Too late now 'cos you're bitten my neck."
And with that the old lady breathed her last breath
And joined Simon Cowell in a land full of death.
"One thing I must ask as I enjoy this mince pie,
Tell me, dear Simon why're your trousers so high?"

No comments: