Wednesday 23 November 2011

Commercial Break : number one

Unfortunately I've had to take on some advertising to pay for my blog so apologies first...! A while ago now at some place where I used to work, I had the idea of Celebrity Death Sweep stake : pick a famous person who looks like there about to buy the farm and you have until the end of the year to collect. (I always went for Gregory Peck -  June 2003 - Result!) I'd listen to the news and a report might start, "Hollywood is in mourning today at the sad loss of..." then that sense of anticipation, the sweaty palms (Oi! stop thinking that!) the Adrenalin, and then... the crushing discovery that it was someone else like Tom Bosley! (the dad in Happy Days) Now when I say sweep stake, there was only one other person who had the same warped mind as me so there was never much money involved... now when I say, not much, I actually mean none. (being a phone jockey paid sod all) But if I was to wager a small amount (equivalent say to my monthly charity donation (sic!) then I'd wager £50 on Peter O'Toole and £25 E/W on Christopher Lee. 38 days left. C'mon my son! 
On a sort of, On This Day thing - in 2001 Mary Whitehouse died. Couldn't get away with saying fuck off when she was alive, could you?

No comments: