Sunday 27 November 2011

What's in a (place) name?

 I've often been asked, "Going anywhere for your holidays, sir. Shall I keep the gimp costume for next time?" In response to the first question I usually reply, STOPATOME. "Where's that?" they'll ask. REMAINIA I reply. Some people still don't get it! So for them (and possibly you) I've drawn a map of the area where the main hotel is situated. (!) Maybe I will try somewhere different next time, perhaps travelling around a bit. First stop might be Shitterton in Dorset. Then I'd catch a shrimp boat to Spain and travel to Poo in northern Spain and onto Moron de la Frontera before passing into Austria and Windpassing. I'd hitch a ride with the Austrian bob sleigh team down to Albania and visit Puke. A donkey ride would take me through the Czech Republic via Bendover and on into Germany where I would enjoy the pleasures that Petting has to offer before taking a look at Dong. Then it's home via a medieval travelling show but not before I've gone to Denmark and taken in Middlefart. Now that lot would make for a hell of a map!

No comments: