Saturday 4 September 2010

No balls...not unlike my cat

A lot has been written about and continues to be written about the alleged Pakistan match fixing. And with older Pakistan games coming under scrutiny the story's gonna drag on for ages... a bit like watching your average test match. (5 days of staring at grass growing!) In all fairness to cricket it was my favourite sport to play as a kid... as long as we played with a tennis ball. I was... brilliant, even if I say so myself. A bit of an all-rounder, like Ian Botham, only better. BUT when we played with an actual cricket ball I'd crap myself when the thing came near me. I'd nearly always be out first ball and I'd field (that is to say, move out of the way) like I was taking a backhander to throw the game. Aaah! As a kid I played like a professional!

No comments: